Matt Bencke is the Founder and CEO of Mighty AI. Mighty AI is the world's leading Training Data as a Service™ platform, providing the highly accurate, domain-specific, structured human insights that companies need to apply their artificial intelligence and machine learning models. Mighty AI operates Spare5, the micro-task platform that enables people to spend their spare time productively.
Matt is an entrepreneur, proven operations leader and change agent who drives new business and product strategies based on deep analysis, inspired leadership and focused execution. He has accrued multiple strong successes across technology, strategy, business development, design, e-commerce, marketing and manufacturing in his 20+ year career. His passion is attracting great talent, fostering a meaningful team culture, and taking performance to new levels. He has created, advised, led and grown businesses ranging from several millions to several billions in annual revenue.
Mighty AI - Founder and CEO
Getty Images - Senior Vice President
September 2013 – October 2014
Recruited to form the first modern Product group at the world’s leading provider of images.
• Hired, aligned experts to create GM, Product Management, Design, e-Commerce, Customer Insights and mobile teams.
• Managed multi-$100M business’ priorities, resourcing, planning and execution in a matrix.
• Reset product strategy and processes, increasing technology velocity by more than 4X.
• Re-launched our websites with a re-imagined design, content management system and new search UX.
• Streamlined offerings & pricing, reducing SKUs by over 70%, expanding subscriptions and assisted Sales to grow revenues
• Launched 3 new mobile apps, working closely with Apple, who featured all of them in their App Store.
• Launched Getty Images’ first consumer products: Embed, photos.com, and Stream.
Microsoft - General Manager, Xbox
December 2011 – September 2013
Re-energized and grew one of industry’s most profitable, engaged gaming communities while co-leading support and product managing the Xbox One and LIVE feature sets.
Microsoft - General Manager, Windows Phone
November 2010 – December 2011
Worked to help reset Microsoft’s mobile strategy, and establish the third ecosystem.
Microsoft - General Manager, Premium Mobile Experiences
February 2007 – October 2010
Conceived, formed and ran end-to-end Kin, Sidekick subscription businesses.
Microsoft - Senior PM / Director, Windows
April 2004 – October 2006
Helped create Release Only Quality, System Center, Windows War on Costs and Global Resource Office.
Boeing - Senior Director for Airplane Strategy; PM; Business Development Manager
September 1995 – April 2004
Led global business strategy team; helped establish operations in Russia, Ukraine and Central Asia; PM for Boeing portions of SuperJet; Business Development Manager on International Space Station, Sea Launch. Employee and contractor.
PhD, Political Science, UC Berkeley
1997 – 2004
International identity crises: Explaining Soviet and Russian strategic defense policies.
MA, Russian and East European Studies, Stanford University
1994 – 1995
Worked for Secretary Condoleezza Rice, Secretary William J. Perry and others.
AB, International Relations, Harvard University
1990 – 1994
Sigma Chi. Rugby. Astrophysics. Study in Russia.